There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life. But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint. So, too, are you. Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be.
- George Sheehan

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another fun barefoot run

So today I decided to head out for another run, barefoot, and enjoy the beautiful weather. :)    It was a little warm, so the concrete was a little hot, but other than that I couldn't complain.  The best part was I didn't get stopped by the cops this time.  ;-)

I found a new game, too.  Normally I run on sidewalks, but when that is too rough or there is no side walk, I've taken to running on the road, on the concrete part of the curb where it meets the asphalt.  When a car approached me, I jumped up on the curb and ran on the curb itself.  It was oddly amusing!  Sort of like running on a balance beam.  Yet one more way for me to interact with the terrain and play around while running.  Definitely keeps things interesting, that's for sure.

I was out for an hour again, and experienced more interaction with other runners and passers-by.  I can always tell that drivers slow down to check out what the heck is going on with this crazy barefoot girl.  Between them and some of the people I passed on the sidewalk, I'm sure I turned a few heads.  That's not at all why I run barefoot, but it's one of those side-effects that you have to learn to accept.  Just keep running...

No comments:

Post a Comment